A Night to Remember


What a really affirming night last night!  J was down in MA but insisted I get out yesterday evening on my own.  Although it seems unlikely, I've not headed out to a bar/restaurant on my own to date.  I know all the folks there anyway and it was amazing how very "at home" they all made me feel.  After chatting for a while, one of the guys I know there even asked if I would be comfortable on my own if he headed on home,  which I thought was very considerate.  Other women took notice after he left and with concern that J was not there and went out of their way to stop by or sit with me to chat.  I ended up cackling so much that I lost track of time to order food when the kitchen shut down.  The owner happened to be coming by and overheard my disappointment and so went down to the kitchen to whip something up for me.  Bringing dinner to me, he then proceeded to sit down for a good talk.  Ultimately it turned out to be a Girls Evening entirely at the tail end of the night after all the guys left and we closed the place down for the night.  We just had some wonderful talk both casual and girl.  I even got a text from my friend who is bartender there as she wanted to know I got home alright.  She knows the roads are empty up here save for the variety of wandering wildlife and always seems to be watching out for me whenever I'm in there.  It's all in line with the sort of thing she does, like always introducing me to new people there and in helping assimilate and break the ice with a number of folks.  Some know I am trans.  Some don't.  The folks who do don't "out" me to anyone else there and are very protective of my.  It's all just TOO cool for words to describe!

Comments

  1. Stories like this reaffirm my faith in humanity.

    I can't express in words how happy this made me, or how happy I am for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Penultimate Post

Connecting The Dots

Dream Myself Awake