A Holiday Girls Night Out

The holiday lights, the sights and sounds of Christmas and the thoughts of friends getting together for an evening of merriment. These were the makings for our holiday night out at the Crowne!

Joanne and I arrived at the Red Roof Inn around 4:30 on this Tuesday Afternoon with enough time to prepare ourselves to go out that evening. After checking in at the front desk and receiving our key, we gathered our belongings and approached the door to our room. I inserted my keycard and turned the handle of the door only to be greeted by an out-rushing wave of heat as the door opened and I stepped in. It was immediately apparent upon examination of the thermostat, that the last person to vacate this now sultry abode, had taken it upon him or herself, to turn the heat up to its maximum position possible. The room felt as if it were approaching a temperature near enough to a level which would allow it to self combust as I quickly looked for ways to dissipate the heat.

Certainly, I could have made the trek back to the front desk to try to procure another room, but this would have taken precious time - time which I dearly needed in order to ready myself to go out enfemme at 6:00pm. I quickly turned on the bathroom ventilation fan and tried to turn on the air conditioner. Alas, the air conditioner had been deactivated for the winter season and only the fan setting was available.

I lay out my makeup and clothes, turning both beds and the work table into a staging area with assortments of both Joanne's and my own belongings. Makeup and shoes, clothes and jewelry, wigs and hair styling accessories quickly consumed every inch of space in that small place.

I began with the makeup, half dressed en-femme - face to the bathroom mirror and my back to the half open door as I tried to dissipate the accumulated heat still evident in the room. It was an attempt to cool the room as quickly as possible as the layers of makeup on my face began to balk at the high levels of heat. Scenes of the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz were coming to mind as I heard the silently spoken words coming from the makeup on my face bellowing "I'm Melting - what a world... what a world..."

As I continued in my routine of preparation, it became apparent as a car drove by in the parking lot past our room, that the door had fully opened, assisted by a chilly, cold winter breeze. Joanne, looked at me, half dressed in a pair of pantyhose and a bra, slopping makeup on my puss and with my back side now fully exposed to anyone who might pass by and extolled, "Oh Look, Connecticut plates! I think that must be Susan's Car that is pulling up next to us!". Joanne, who had been busy ironing clothes on the floor of the motel, had not drawn the visual dotted line to connect that my back side was in a linear line to the eyes of anyone who might be passing by. As quickly as she said this, she realized the folly and WHAM - the door was shut in a flash. The only thought going through my head at that point was that my first impression I would make for Susan would be the one that would have her turn her car around and head straight back home! Fortunately, my fears never materialized.

At 6:00pm, Joanie came by and witnessed my scatter brained moments as I scurried to assemble all of my emergency make-up that I might need that evening into my purse. Several moments of piecing this all together and we were off to Susan's room, which was next door. We all jumped into my car and we were off to the Mall for some quick shopping at the MAC store and then to dinner. The GG's were off on their own doing some last minute holiday shopping and we would meet them later at the Crowne.

parking in the underground garage at Nordstroms, we made our way to the escalators which delivered us up and out into the main plaza of the mall. As we were all dressed quite casually (or dressy casual), I was hopeful that we would not attract any undue attention as we promenaded through a bustling mall filled with holiday shoppers. My premonitions became reality as we strode down the main promenade and noticed nothing unusual. There were no glances or glares, stutters or stares as we made our way casually down and through past shop after shop. Any looks we did receive were just as any one might receive at any time, anywhere. We were just three girls out shopping that evening and it felt wonderful and empowering.

Head held high, shoulders back, and with an air of confidence, we rounded a corner to arrive at the MAC Cosmetic Store. As I was nearly out of my favorite powder, I felt this to be a good opportunity to combine our outing with a purpose. Entering the store, we were greeted by a tall and very large, masculine looking man. His facial hair and herculean stature were somewhat daunting as he approached us.

"May I help you ladies?", he inquired.

Well, I asked to do this, so I had to respond...

"Yes", I replied as I reached into my pocketbook to produce my nearly empty container of MAC Powder. "I'm just about out of my loose powder makeup", I explained.

Immediately, his demeanor warmed and became overtly friendly. he began demonstrating and suggesting techniques and methods of blending and concealing. It was obvious he knew what I, and we, were interested in as a primary concern, which was concealment! It turned out that he had been a makeup artist in the past to a number of different transgender organizations and was well versed in his craft and art. He provided us with samples and suggestions as he spoke and gave us thoughts on what we might consider trying in the future to get the near perfect look we might desire.

As we left the store that evening, we were quite thrilled with the positive experience as well as the courtesy we were shown. We rambled on to our dining destination at P.F. Changs, an upscale Chinese Restaurant, where we awaited a table in what was an extremely busy setting. Again, there were no qualms or concerns to be considered as we gave our name to the seating hostess and awaited our turn for a table. Dinner was superb as we met up with Tiffany, who always seems able to get the most perfect parking place practically in front of the restaurant every time!

Dinner was, as always at P.F. Changs, simply superb. We dined on a variety of appetizers which we passed freely around the table. Seared Tuna, Crab Rangoon and Calimari were some of the delicacies we tried. My Blue Hawaiian was an oasis of turquoise on the table and helped to take what little left there was of any concerns I might have had. Our hostess was professional and courteous and provided us with a wonderful meal.

We topped off our night with a trip to the Crowne, where we met up with the GG's for an evening of merriment and chatter along with many others, a few of whom are also (or will now soon be on...) PE.

It was a great night all around and one that will be warmly remembered by all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Penultimate Post

Connecting The Dots

Dream Myself Awake